PiYo Live is a music-driven, athletic workout inspired by the mind and body practices of Pilates and Yoga that also includes flexibility training, strength training, conditioning and dynamic movement. It includes modifications for the group exercise environment, yet offers exercise progressions to challenge all levels, as a mainstream alternative to traditional practices.
Fitness enthusiasts who participate on PiYo classes regularly can gain the same benefits individuals seek from Pilates and Yoga: improved strength, flexibility, balance, stress reduction and overall fitness level increase.
PiYo Live is a fusion-style of group exercise that features body movements incorporating:
- Focus - Poses are held for several breaths to focus on increasing strength.
- Flow - Rhythmic, flowing style that generates heat in the body and produces a sweat.
- Fusion - A blend of focus and flow, these movements incorporate dynamic balance and functional training that challenge strength and balance and emphasize the athleticism of Pilates and Yoga.
PiYo workouts follow a structure that crates a safe, effective and consistent group exercise class. Exercises are selected and balanced through strategic variations (pose angles and application of force) with each movement. Each workout includes these components for well-rounded fitness:
- Section 1 - Introduction, Warm Up and Heat Building.
- Section 2 - Lower-body Strength, Flow and Balance.
- Section 3 - Upper-body Strength, Flexibility and Core Focus.
- Section 4 - Cooldown and Final Stretch.
People everywhere are getting ultra-lean and incredibly defined with PiYo Live high-intensity, low-impact workout.
What are you waiting for?
At Respect Fitness PiYo Live classes are held every Monday at 18:15 - 19:15 and Friday at 19:15 - 20:15